Cutchogue, NY 11935
(631) 734-7361 Open Daily 11am-5pm
“Winemaking is like sailboat racing in that every little thing you do might be worth one tenth of one percent. It’s those minute decisions that make a winner,” says the vineyard’s winemaker Greg Gove.
Peconic Bay wines are among the most natural and traditionally made wines to be found on the North Fork of Long Island.
- Nautique Esprit de Blanc 2008 (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Riesling)
- Riesling 2009
- Steel Fermented Chardonnay 2009
- La Barrique Chardonnay 2007
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
- Nautique Esprit de Rosé 2008 (Cabernet Sauvignon, Riesling, Merlot)
- Lowerre Family Estate 2007 (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc)
- Nautique Esprit de Rouge 2007 (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc)
- Merlot Reserve 2007
de gustibus non disputandum est
Their Riesling 2009 is reminiscent of a German Mosel but with personality or as they say along the Mosel River mit Temperament. Even before the wine touched my lips there was a hint of tart pineapple with a discrete dusting of powdered sugar. As I savored my first mouthful, there was a nectar-like fullness, a tantalizing acidity and a kiss of sweetness – not sloppy, not gooey but fresh and clean.